Serving you since 1990
Midlands is a managing general agent with a specialty in excess workers' compensation program administration and fee-based specialty TPA services. Clients benefit from Midlands' extensive carrier relationships and expertise as one of the top excess workers' compensation providers in the United States. For over two decades, Midlands' growth and vision combined with hard works and integrity have given them a rich and vital heritage. For more information about our products & services, please see our products & services page.
Charles Caldwell, founder and CEO, started the company in 1990. In an environment where quality service was lacking and industry standards had continued to drop, Mr. Caldwell’s vision emerged. Both a leader and innovator, Mr. Caldwell believed in hiring the best from the very beginning.
Midlands expanded into the Texas market a few years later with the formation of Midlands Management of Texas.
Midlands Claim Administrators, Inc. was created to provide claim administration and adjusting services to insurance companies and self-insured corporations.
American Agency System®, still in operation today, promotes and services products of workers’ compensation including accident & health insurance.
Continuing to grow and diversify, Midlands Injury Management, Inc. was formed to provide licensed services including utilization review, vocational rehabilitation and medical case management.
Midlands Intermediaries, Inc. was created to handle the placement of reinsurance.
Midlands celebrated their 12th anniversary. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, Midlands Management Corporation has been named as one of the fastest growing companies in the OKC Metro by the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce for five consecutive years.
2010 marked Midlands 20th Anniversary. The success that we have achieved is remarkable, which was through the dedication of the team at Midlands and most importantly through your support.
Midlands launched its new look and completed the re-branding campaign with the move of the Oklahoma City office in October.
Midlands celebrates its 25 Year Anniversary in 2015! It has been a fun year of looking back at the early years of Midlands, with operations commencing from the trunk of Charles Caldwell’s car; to present day operating out of two office locations with combined square footage of over 45,000. Midlands not only has employees in its Oklahoma office, but in our new Dallas location as of November 2014 and remote employees in Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana, and Pennsylvania.
Statement of Ethics
As employees of Midlands, its subsidiaries and affiliates we hereby recognize that the overall corporate ethics of Midlands is to be "beyond reproach" in all of our dealings with our clients, community, vendors and fellow employees. In keeping with this ethical mandate we agree to the following:
- We will act in the utmost good faith while dealing fairly and equitably with all parties involved in any transaction.
- We will maintain confidentiality of all business transactions and information held in trust on behalf of our clients and fellow employees.
- We will communicate with clients any potential conflict situations and at all times avoid situations whereby the interest of our clients and the interest of Midlands do not coincide.
- We will continue to enhance our technical skills essential to the individual employees position within the Midlands Group through continuing education programs fully supported by Midlands.
- We will strictly adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements within our industry and keep fully informed of revisions regarding same.
- We will treat all parties with respect, fairness and honesty while pursuing an ideal of service that transcends self interest.